CHILDREN & TEEN PROGRAMS
After School Programs
We offer after school classes at several schools throughout Oahu. Each lesson lasts 50 minutes and starts between 1:00 and 3:30, depending on the school’s schedule. Private tutoring is also available.
Currently we teach technology classes at Malama Honua since their inception in 2015. If you would like to inquire about having ‘Ohana Komputer teach the computer classes at your school, please call 523-8191.
S.T.E.P.S To Success
The Ohana Komputer STEPS to Success Program was developed in 2015 and offers a collaborative approach to learning. S.T.E.P.S curriculum, aligned with DOE standards, is comprised of five disciplines: Technology, which includes Video, Computer, Dance, Music and Fine Art are blended with Personal Development to engage students between the ages of 9 through 18 to become more active in their communities and develop strengths that will ultimately concur with the Hawaii State General Learner.
- Self-directed Learner: The ability to be responsible for one’s own learning
- Community Contributor: The understanding that it is essential for human beings to work together
- Complex Thinker: The ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
- Quality Producer: The ability to recognize and produce quality performance and quality products
- Effective Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively
- Effective and Ethical User of Technology: The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically